By: Mike Josiah and the Technical Staff at Uninet
First released in May 2019 the LBP 622 series of color laser printers are based on a 22ppm black & color, 600 Dpi engine.
The first page out is stated at under 10.3 seconds. Standard installed memory for the M154n is 1GB.
New cartridges do not come with a drum cover. They use a plastic box insert to protect the cartridge. It’s a good idea to have your customers save these inserts. See Figure 1 The starter cartridges that ship with the printer are rated for 680 pages CMY and 910 pages black
The end caps are plastic welded, and the DB has a left hand threaded screw, but once past the welds are not that difficult to do.
The printers currently* based on the 622 engine are the:
Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw
Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw
The cartridges used in these machines are:
Cartidge 054 Black 3024C001 1,500 pages $68.00 List*
Cartidge 054 H Black 3028C001 3,100 pages $94.00 List*
Cartidge 054 Cyan 3023C001 1,200 pages $70.00 List*
Cartidge 054 H Cyan 3027C001 2,300 pages $95.00 List*
Cartidge 054 Magenta 3022C001 1,200 pages $70.00 List*
Cartidge 054 H Magenta 3026C001 2,300 pages $95.00 List*
Cartidge 054 Yellow 3021C001 1,200 pages $70.00 List*
Cartidge 054 H Yellow 3025C001 2,300 pages $95.00 List*
* Pricing current as of July 2019.
1) Toner approved vacuum.
2) A small screw driver (Common Style)
3) A Phillips head screwdriver
4) Needle Nose Pliers
5) Flat blade (Common) screwdriver
6) Square edge razor blade
Color toner for use in the LBP622 (054) series cartridges.
New replacement chip
New Long Life Drum
New Wiper Blade
New Developer Roller (Optional)
New PCR [Optional]
New Doctor Blade [Optional]
Good quality double sided tape 1/8” wide. (3M brand preferred)
Lint free Cloths
1) With the HP top label facing you, remove the spring from the left side of the cartridge. See Figure 2
2) On the same side, using a flat blade screwdriver, pry out the top of the end cap until you feel the weld give way. See Figure 3
3) Slide the screwdriver inside the end cap to the place indicated and gently pry again until the end cap comes free. See Figure 4
4) Remove the end cap See Figure 5
5) Remove the drum from the cartridge. Doing this now will make separating the two halves easier See Figure 6
6) Start to separate the two halves. You will see a small black plastic tab on the drum gear Assembly that blocks you from removing the waste chamber. Press down opposite the tab while pulling the end cap out to separate the two halves. See Figures 7 & 8
7) Remove the PCR. Clean with your preferred PCR cleaner and place aside in a clean area. See Figure 9
8) Remove the two wiper blade screws and the wiper blade. See Figure 10
9) Clean out all the waste toner from the chamber. Make sure all the wiper blade seals are clean. Clean the blue seals with a foam swab and 99& Isopropyl alcohol if necessary. See Figures 11 & 12
10) Coat the new wiper blade with your preferred lubricant and install. Install the two screws. See Figure 13
11) Install the cleaned PCR. Make sure to place a small amount of conductive grease on the black PCR holder. See Figures 14 & 15
12) On the Supply chamber, remove the two screws from the gear side end cap. Remove the end cap. Be careful of the drum drive gear and bushing. They can come loose. See Figures 16, 17 & 18
13) Remove the two gears. See Figure 19.
14) Pry off the white inner end cap. See Figure 20
15) Remove the large and small gears as shown. See Figure 21
16) Slide the developer roller over and remove. Be careful not to lose the 2 round bushings or alignment tab. See Figures 22 & 23.
17) There are two screws holding the doctor blade in place. The left screw is a normal thread screw, the right side uses a left hand thread screw. Be careful not to mix them up. Remove the DB. See Figure 24
18) Vacuum out the remaining toner from the hopper from the slot next to the feed roller. Remove the old seal if present. See Figure 25
19) At this point while tight, you can fill the hopper with toner for use in the HP M154 series of printers. See Figure 26
20) Clean the doctor blade seals. Install the doctor blade and two screws. Remember the right side uses the left hand threaded screw! Make sure you have an even gap across the DB edge. They is not an alignment pin for the blade. See Figures 27 & 28
21) Install the developer roller. Make sure both ends have the bushings in place and the left side also has the tab bushing long side up. See Figures 29 & 30
Due to lack of space unable to display all matter and pics.