Image king shared the reasons behind why the compatible Inkjet inks sell only 2 to 3% compared to OEM inks:
- Inkjet Printers made by various OEMs do not follow the same engine, printer head and technology.
- All Printers are different from one another so it is obvious that the ink must be different and it has to be used for the specific printer model only.
- We could see OEMs using perfect ink to suit the respective printer model number.
- A big drawback of the compatible ink suppliers and traders is that they focus on color and not the model-wise printer.
- Black ink is used for all the black printers and similarly Cyan, Yellow and Magenta are supplied for all the printer brands and their models without understanding the technology.
- Resulting in customers facing problem and end up spending Rs. 3000 to Rs. 4000 on printer servicing and then the customers will not use the compatible inks again.
- Another big problem is of usage of cheap quality compatible inks against the expensive OEM inks.
The bottomline of the above message is we should deal with and use only the good quality inks and that are specific for the machine. Then only the customers will trust compatible inks and the sales and the profits of the partners can go put.
*This information is shared in the interest of Indian Imaging Industry.